Disclaimer: This website is not an official U.S. Department of State website. The views and information presented are the grantee’s own and do not represent the Teachers for Global Classrooms Program, IREX or the U.S. Department of State.



Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Powerful Mother Nature

Today I had the chance to see something that is nothing like I have ever seen before!  Foz do Iguacu (or better known to us in the states as Iguacu Falls) is a series of 275 waterfalls between Brazil and Argentina, that show us how powerful Mother Nature is!  Walking out on the walkway towards the waterfalls with the mist so strong one becomes instantly drenched, but worth very moment.  As we approached today a rainbow was emerging, and as we went further down the path it became brighter and larger and eventually we saw a complete rainbow!  Each time I saw a new part of the falls, it seemed better than the first!  This day will not be forgotten!  

Due to recent rains, the falls have ten times the amount of water they normally have, causing Devil's Throat (the largest series of falls on the Argentina side) pathway over the fall to be closed for safety.  

I took over 200 pictures today ( don't worry I will not attach them all or make you watch a slide show- unless you want too!) plus videos!  I will try and attach videos at a later point, as I cannot upload them on my I-pad.  I am afraid that the pictures and videos will not do the waterfalls justice, nor this blog post!  I feel incredibly grateful for this experience!  



Yes, you do get drenched at the end of the walkway!






So may butterflies!  They were landing on our table (this is a map we had) at lunch, on our shoes (which were off trying to dry out), and even on us!





An actual toucan bird!


At sunset





No comments:

Post a Comment