Disclaimer: This website is not an official U.S. Department of State website. The views and information presented are the grantee’s own and do not represent the Teachers for Global Classrooms Program, IREX or the U.S. Department of State.



Friday, June 7, 2013

Let the journey begin!

The journey that began last spring when I completed the TGC application, and then received the acceptance letter last summer is finally real!  Tomorrow I leave for Brazil by way of Sacramento to Chicago, where I will meet up with the other TCG travelers, (on our 10 plus hour flight to São Paulo), then finally to Brasilia.  So many things keep running through my mind - Remember passport, credit cards, flight info, and all the last minute items I need to pack.  Also, will wifi actually work at the hotels so I can keep in contact with those at home? Are my presentations really done, and correct? Where will all the last minute items I am supposed to pack fit? There have been so many lists this week.  I'm thinking that the first hour on the plane might be relaxing since if its not done, it won't be, and if I forgot something - oh well!  Earlier in the week it was wonderful to hear that my suitcase can be 70 pounds rather than just 50 as originally thought, as there are so many gifts to bring.  At least packing for my return trip should be easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment